After a few months of silence around here, I’ve decided to make another run at keeping this thing up. Like I always do, I’ll make grand promises to be more devoted to this blog, but I doubt that I’ll hold true to those promises.
I’ve been thinking about a few different types of posts for this place, and instead of cranking them out old-school style, I’m mulling them over. But I digress.
So without further ado (or as my sister says, further “adieu”), I’ll use the cheapest of cheap tricks. The old “Here’s what’s in my cell phone text message inbox before I clean it out”
The names have been changed to protect the innocent.
* No no. Yesterday my glasses were only a sign of a hangover.
* If it was up your ass, you’d know it.
* I just called your sister and sang “Leaving on a jet plane”. Thanks for the inspiration. Hehe.
* I love waffles 2.
* You escaped without a hug. Jerk.
* I think you’re wonderful. That is all.
* That’s coz he wasn’t raised on irony like us.
* I’m scared to talk to you because I suck, so I’m doing this instead. Good to see you, love.
* mad horseshoes! come on down!
* You’ve got nice eaves.
* Move 2 asheville
* You made me cry.
* Best cd yet. Hands down.
* Lucky ******.
* If we’re still doing lunch tomorrow, you better call and wake me up!
* Daaaaaaang. the Hardees in Hickory ain’t on fire no more.
* whisper in my mouth
* (you’re like an) oak tree
* I called you, jerk. What gives?
* …violently erotic
* What’s your tomato basil soup recipe?
* I’m listening to cats in the cradle, which makes me think of you
* I just got hit on by a 21 year old at walmart. he had to leave when his dad came over to get him.
Many of these are from the same two or three people, and many of them have some reference to some joke, but it’s sort of fun to share them with folks completely out of context. For the record, I have no idea what “cksw” means.